Friday 18 March 2011

Flowery Bookmark

Here is Jane Eborall's lovely Flowery Bookmark.  I have made it for a friend and it is going in a package I am preparing today.



This pattern involves self-closing mock rings and split rings.  The first time I tried it, it was quite a challenge for me to complete it (I had never made self-closing mock rings before!).  Even this time around, I had to start twice as I made a mistake early on in the pattern.  But I really like it, particularly the way the green leaves wind their way around the flowers.

Best wishes,

12 comments:

  1. It was a challenge to design too if that's any consolation - heeee heee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic design and colors.
    Now I have to try making self closing mock rings:D I have never made any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauitful colours and lovely design, well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I especially like the tassel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out beautifully. The colours you chose really work. Love that design...
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful. Colours works so well together. You have a lucky friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! I love the colors! Sighhhh...must add this one to my to tat list. That list just keeps getting longer and longer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this pattern. Yours has turned out beautifully - I love the tail/tassel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much! It was the first time I thought of mixing the threads in the tassel and was pleased with how this turned out. It was also the first time I tried a spiral chain and I really like it! Will definitely be using it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have started this pattern twice and messed up. I will keep trying until I succeed. This is one of the prettiest bookmark patterns I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!