Tuesday 21 June 2011

Another?

Well, I really didn't think I'd want to be tackling another big project after finishing the last doily but...  whilst I was dithering about the colour of my hanky border, I was drawn back to the Jan Stawasz designs and found myself starting another doily!  Oh no!  I must be mad.  


This is the first four rounds of the doily which will be even bigger than the last one - IF I get to the end that is, of course.  It's quite a busy center which may have benefitted from having more than one colour to better highlight the various elements but I decided to make a traditional ecru one this time.

Best wishes,

8 comments:

  1. If possible, this centre is prettier than the first! The piece is going to be marvellous!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful already!!! I love color but traditional ecru doilies are my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely too, I can't wait to see the other rounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the minute i saw the thumbnail of this doily, i recognise it being jan stawasz's pattern. it's really unique. i like it in one colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Are these designs you are tatting from Jan's out of print book Tatting Theory and Patterns? I love the designs I see on his website and want to know a bit what the scope of the book is like because I am considering trying to hunt down a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tatterjil,

    The blue doily is from his book which I would recommend getting if you find it. There are many different doilies in there. Shame it's out of print nowadays. But the ecru doily is from a needlework magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ecru allows the wonderful design to be the focus. It's lovely, and I look forward to seeing its progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely gorgeous design look forward to seeing it in progess.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!